Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

82/365 paper

What I'm writing on used to be called typing paper, but it's multi-purpose paper now.  It's just slightly too slippery to write upon comfortably.  I like a little more drag.  But maybe it's the pen.  Who knows?
I remember my father and mother  bemoaning the paper bill when they had the bakery.  Paper bags galore, cardboard boxes.  Paper.  Doiles, under each cake.
Photographic paper is kind of magical.  How it has to be developed in the dark, preserving its light.  The way it becomes a picture while bathing in water.  I still have a few sheets of 8x10's in some dark corner of my bedroom.
My friend is probably writing about papers she paints upon, no doubt more interesting than typing paper.
I admire handmade papers.  Something I've always thought of trying to do, but haven't yet.  It would be nice to make my own paper lantern.
Paper gowns at the drs office.  Cruel.

My I Ching book (Wilhelm ed.) covered with handmade paper

*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.

1 comment:

  1. I say never to old to learn so find some organic material and learn the process. When we are gone or just about to step off from here paper will be found in museums and libraries. All of the rest will be paperless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.