Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

104/365 age

Remember when you were a kid, and you would add the half to your age?  I'm seven and a half, you'd say, so anxious to get to eight.
When you're eighteen you're anxious to get to twenty-one, so you can go out with your friends to clubs, and drink.
In your thirty, each  year older gets a little scarier, as you inch towards forty.
I'm in my late fifties, and can't quite imagine myself being sixty, because I still feel so young in my head.  But my mother tells me she feels the same way in her head, and she's eighty five now.
I guess it doesn't really matter what age you are, as long as you approach it with grace.
I find that I am more invisible as I age.  People just don't notice you as much.  You kind of blend in with the landscape.
I'm not sorry for my tattoos now that I'm older - like people say you'll be.  I'm sure I'll wear them proudly when I'm seventy or eighty, if I should live so long.
I look at Logan, who is two years and eight months, and think how new he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.