Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

80/365 teas

These days I make do with Tetley or Lipton, when years ago I used to brew my own exotic blends that I mixed up myself, or bought Celestial Seasonings... Red Zinger and Sleepytime tea.
Patria, a secondary character in my novel, owns a tea shop.  She mixes special teas to help you sleep and dream.  She also reads the tea leaves.  She is a gypsy living in the mountains of Colorado.

"Patria", painted by evie tirado


*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.


1 comment:

  1. Personally I haven't drank much tea since me sweet ol' granny passed. But now that you mention it I do have some herbals I could probably steam up into a nice blend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.