Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

79/365 fame

When I was younger I often fantasized about a certain amount of fame entering my life.  Like sitting with Johnny Carson, and promoting the book I just wrote or something.  Making it to Johnny was big time.  I also imagined accepting the academy award for some such writing thing.  In  your twenties, possibilities loom large, and things like fame seem more attainable.  There is a certain genius that can occur in your twenties, I believe.  I think of Dylan and Neil Young producing such amazing music in those years.  Fame is a funny thing, though.  It can come under some lousy circumstances, also, not just fame and fortune.  You can become famous because you've tanned your face and body to a burnt crisp, and are known as the Tanning Mom.
You can keep fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.