Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

103/365 museums

I think one of the coolest museums I've been to is the Smithsonian, in Washington DC.  At least it was when I was a kid.  Now, I can't even remember the things I saw then, only that I enjoyed it very much.
I've recently been to MOMA a couple of times.  Always good to see the Masters.  There was a photography exhibit of Henri Cartier Bresson, so I enjoyed that.  He captured street shots with finesse.  He's quoted to say "Aim well, shoot fast, and scram."
There was also another exhibit that day.  A woman sitting silently at a table while members of the audience came one by one to sit across from her.  Art?  Well, I don't get it, and it took up a big space that should've gone to a real artist.
I like the Museum of Natural History.  There's one in Brooklyn, but I haven't been there since I was a teenager.
I've never been to the Gugenheim museum with ts interesting swirly layout.  I hope to visit it some day.
There must be hundreds of museums down the city, both small and large.  An incredible amount of art.






*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Barbara! There are three awards for you at my blog! You have always been there and kept in touch and want to thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.