Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

70/365 rainbows

When I traveled out west, on a bus, I came across some of the best rainbows I have seen in my life.  A lot of the land is flat, and the sky big.  Double rainbows loomed over corn fields in Kansas, and you could almost hear Dorothy singing.
There was a shop in Woodstock, many years back -- wonder if it's still there.  It was called The Rainbow Shop.  I still have a couple of things I bought there.  A wooden rainbow, which hangs on my bedroom door, and a book all about rainbows and color.  The pages are rainbow colored.
I have seen a few rainbows right here in Brooklyn.  Rainbows brighten any day.
My most magical rainbow sighting has to be the one I saw in Finland, during midsommer.  It was half past midnight, and of course the sun did not fully set.  But seeing a rainbow at midnight is something else.

midnight rainbow



*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.

2 comments:

  1. you are inspiring me to do a writing! thank you.
    such a lovely rainbow image and post ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things I know first hand about rainbows.

    1) They do not hurt when they land on you

    2) That whole pot of gold thing is pure Celtic fabrication.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.