Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

46/365 senses

What's new that can be said about senses. Sight, hearing, smell, the sense of touch and taste.  Each as significant as the other.  Their qualities need not be listed.  But maybe a bit of what some mean to me.
I could not imagine the loss of being able to see and listen to my great-nephew, Logan.  To be able to smell his head when he was a baby.  To feel the touch of him holding my hand.  To share ice-cream , and know how good it is.
All these things with all the people I know and love.
Besides all these necessary senses, there is the sixth sense.   The one that warns you to put up your guard in certain situations.  Intuition is part of this, and a woman's intuition is a powerful thing.  Sometimes it's like being about to read minds.  I don't know how this operates in men.




*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't mind being blind in one eye and to know what ot would be like to be blind in both all i have to do is close the good one. Loss of one of the senses can be adapted to but I am also losing hearing and smell and touch. Just too many smokes on the porch and years of manual labor with no ear protection. *shrug* no one thought about that much then, getting the job done was all.

    Barbara men also have that same sixth sense but the difference is we

    A)don't trust it as much
    and
    B) believe we can over power anything that may come our way.

    Men are not as smart as women, I think because we grew up parented different and parent different than our wives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.