Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

58/365 dance

Isadora Duncan comes to mind; a free spirited woman of dance, who died so tragically.
Ballerinas with their tip toe precision.  Tap dancers with their singing shoes.
I used to dance in the clubs when I was young.  A rock and roll dancer.  Me and my friends, bumping through the crowd.
Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, elegant dancing, matching step for step.
Cagney dancing in Yankee Doodle Dandy, and climbing the walls, to boot.
Singing in the rain, and dancing in the rain -- Gene Kelly making magic with his feet.

Isadora


Fred & Ginger


Cagney


Kelly

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 15, 2012

    Lovely post & pictures. I'd love to be singing & dancing in the rain right now.... it is ever so dry here on the East Coast!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.