Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

140/365 planes

Walking into a plane is like enteing the road to the place you are traveling.  I have been on planes few enough times to still have a wonder about them
Riding clear over the United States, and spending hours over the Atlantic -- looking down through the skies at the Grand Canyou, or the landscape of Norway. 
The food on the plane used to be good, or so I thought.  I don't know if they feed you anymore on a cross-country trip.  Things have changed.  When I went overseas, I had to take off my shoes when checking in.  It was my first post 9/11 plane ride.  The food then was very Finnish -- salmon over rice.  Later a snack of cheese on buttered bread.  Already my home sickness kicked in.
As I get older, and in light of the attacks, the idea of being on a plane becomes less appealing.  But oh the places I would like to fly to.  Germany for Ocktoberfest, and to taste their wonderful breads, just like my father made them.  Many places I'd like to see right here in the US again, and for the first time, like that Grand Canyon we flew over.

flying into the sunset, San Diego to New York

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say, every time I pop over to your blog I can't help but stare at your header for awhile. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.