Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

sage and sweet grass

I have used sage and sweet grass, to spiritually cleanse myself and my home, for over 30 years now.  Unfortunatly I don't have a picture of sage to show you because it's all used up right now.  But here is some lovely sweetgrass that was sent to me by my friend, Jim, from New Mexico.

Sage is used to rid the self and home of any bad vibes that may be lingering.  You burn it in a mother-of-pearl shell bowl, and waft it over your head and all around your body.  Then waft the smoke all over the house, starting from the Eastern direction, going clockwise. This is called "smudging".  It is best to keep the windows closed for this first part, and then open them wide, so all the bad energies can be swept outside.  Make sure the corners of your house are smudged thoroughly, as this is where dark energies tend to linger.

The sweet grass then ushers in the good energies.  Burn it in the same manner of the sage, and you will be delighted by the sweet beautiful fragrance of it.  It is so beautiful you can't help but feel better when smelling it.

Here is a picture of the sweetgrass.......it comes braided like that.  Hope you get to enjoy these two fragrant cleansers at some time in your life.

1 comment:

  1. I have some in my possession. Been meaning to do a smudging on this house. It has good vibes already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.