Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

my birthday




7 am, on this, my birthday. Woke in the dark, and have been sitting here perusing the web. I may, or may not, go back to bed to catch a couple of hours. Right now birds are chirping, the crows are calling, and the streets are quiet on this Sunday morning.

So, what does it feel like to turn 58? Hmmm, that's a hard one.

It feels kinda old compared to my head, which I believe feels much younger... or thinks much younger, as the case may be. I am not as bold as I was when I was around 37 and younger, I'd say. But after that, my fathe died, and I lost some of my pizazz. I'm still looking for it. But I do feel at least 40ish, NOT 58. I am no longer the "older woman", just the "old woman"... yikes! My body feels it. Being fairly sedentary, the aches and pains have set in, and if it's not one thing it's another. I'd like to think "it's just a number", but damn, it's a real age.

This afternoon, I'm going to a "birthday/mother's day" luncheon with my mom, sister, niece, great-nephew, and ex-brother-in-law (my niece's father). I haven't seen Logan in over two months, and can't wait.

So, later on I will post this blog entry, and have some pics to show you, too, hopefully.


5pm

Well, pics didn't come out so good today, so I won't post many, lest I embarrass anyone, least of all myself. Melissa and Logan always look pretty good, so they get pics published. :)
 
Thanks to all of you who've sent me birthday wishes.
 


5 comments:

  1. 58 looks pretty good.

    Happy Birthday!

    (So, did you see the moon last night? If not, you can try again tonight.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Glad it was a good day of celebration for you and your family. Logan is cute as a button as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 58? Still wet behind the ears. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I'm right behind you...in age, that is. Getting old isn't fun, but you sound fairly healthy and your mind is strong. Kudos! Here's to many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I hope you had an amazing day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.