Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

44/365 water

Something so smooth and yielding, yet so very powerful.  Water takes the path of east resistance, yet can destroy much along that path, as seem with tsunamis.  Water is a force to be reckoned with.
Yet it sustains us, all of us on Earth--water is our sustanance.
I love an ice cold glass of water in the summertime, so refreshing.  I don't drink bottled water, only tap, and we have some of the best drinking water here in the city.  Delicious.
I love to swim in pools or oceans, though it has been a lifetime since doing either.
At the Solstice parties I used to go to in Massachusetts, we'd take the sauna in the sauna house up on the hill, above the pond.  After heating up real good, we could jump into that pond and cool off.  Delightful!
Children'ts sprinklers in the park--nice to watch as tghe dancing crystals cool off dozens of tiny feet.
And, of course, a good soaking rain in the summertime, steam rising from the pavement.



*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.

1 comment:

  1. I miss Brooklyn water - it's so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.