Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

33/365 merry-go-rounds


Freewrite* #33.

Merry to round and round again, Merry go round and round -- words from a poem I wrote a long time ago, and I cannot recall any other lines.
What an odd name the Carousel has -- merry go round.  Fun for everyone.
Richly colored horses rearing their heads, gliding up and down, helping you reach that gold ring.  Merry go round and round again, merry go round and round.
I remember the carousel in Coney Island, throughout my life, from when I was a child to when Melissa was a child, and we'd all go for a ride.  It has been some time since doing that, though I may have done it when Jim was here in the 90's  -- or am I having pipe dreams again?
I have a silver ring in my memory box -- from which ride of my life, I am not sure.  You can't get away with stealing off with the gold rings, they pay mind to who caught that one.
The music plays, like a whirlwind in your head.  A whole world apart.  The color and sounds blend together.
Hope your Merry goes round and round again.  Hope mine does, too.



*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.