Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

17/365 bridges

Today's free-write* is a ten minute one on Bridges.

Oh, the bridges I've burned.  But I'll stay quiet about tht.
What bridges have I crossed? More than I could count, I dare say -- though not lately, and by lately I mean a long time.  Although I did cross the bridge back into DSL(R) photography  -- that counts for something.
I didn't mean for these freewrites to be an unchucking of me myself and I, but this is what comes out when you can't think of what the hell to write about, but ave to write anyway.
Bridges.  The Verrazano is not so far away -- a string of pearls at night, joining Brooklyn with Staten Island.  And then thee is the most beautiful bridge, The Brooklyn Bridge, with all its cables, like some enormous stringed instrument.  I've never walked over that bridge, but I did ride a bike across it once.
My eyes were the camera that day. 
When I worked down the city, the best part of the train ride was going over the Manhattan bridge, but only because it provided you with a full view of the Brooklyn bridge.





*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Visit Evie, whom I freewrite with, at the space between colors.

2 comments:

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.