Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

35/365 thoughts

Thoughts.  Incessant little buggers that keep you up at night, or stampede your brain in the middle of the day.  Thoughts -- so often useless and outright disturbing.
Isn't the idea of enlightenment to have no thought?  I often find myself in that state, though I am far from enlightened.
Contemplation -- a focused thought.  It is good to comtemplate clouds, my father would say... Always take time to contemplate a cloud.  He got that from the Burt Lancaster movie, Birdman of Alcatraz.  It is one of the last things the character says in the movie.
Reminising -- a kind of thought tht tries to build a yesterday.



*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.