Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

40/365 packages

5 min freewrite*

Packages come in the mail when you order from eBay, something I used to do a lot.
Gifts wrapped in packages for Christmas time, or birthdyas, or just one of those random gifts on any day.
Jim used to send small jiffy packages in the mail, holding precious little trinkets he came to find.  I always looked forward to his gifts.  Even today, he sends things -- most recently a braid of sweetgrass.
It has been a long time since someone has handed me a package with mysterious objects inside.  A long time since I've given anything, too.






*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.