Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

20/365 the camera

Today's 10 minute freewrite* subject is The Camera.

The black box which holds magical transformations of light.  Since I was a child it has always fascinated me.  The way it produced sheets of negatives.  Today everything is different.  I am not aware of just how the image is captured on a memory card, but I have to believe it captures light in the same way as an old film camera.  The camera gives proof we've been there -- anywhere -- from around the block to around the world; here is our proof carrier.
All the buttons and knobs, bringing the world closer or spreading it out in a wide angle.  The zoom lens on my camera can bring me closer or farther away.  I collect memories in the box to later transfer to another box -- my computer.  And sometimes even to reach the point of print.
The camera holds our entire lives in pictures, transporting us back to different times and places.  Where did all the time go?  Into the camera, the collector.



*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors

2 comments:

  1. You have way more followers than me. I see lots of visitors to my site, same as you, wish more would leave a hello and a message. Enjoying your short spurts of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a camera but they don't make film for it anymore, which is OK to because i would be to cheap to have it developed. If I can't remember it then it must not be that important-unless of course it is where I put my glasses or car keys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.