Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

22/365 glass

Ten minute free-write* on Glass.

A blood specimen under glass, as seen through the microscope.  Bubbles of hemoglobin.
To see this page I look through glass -- how invaluable.
I've always been attracted to men who wear glasses.  Something about that inpenetrable blue.
I have witnessed glass blowing... a dance of fire and breath, creating a crinolin of glass design, ballerinas and fishes.
Ice as smooth as glass.  The lake in winter.
Butterflies collected under glass.  Glass protects, it's among our crew of keepers.
Glass ceilings.
The proverbial stone thrower.
Wandering around Steuben Glass, there are wonders to behold -- all sorts of animals in glass, and amazing sculptures.  I haven't been there in over 40 years, but still I remember, such an impression it made upon me.




*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Visit Evie, whom I freewrite with, at the space between colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.