Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

171/365 birds

I once found a Blue Jay that had fllen from its nest.  I offered it some water, and it drank up.  Brought that bird into the house and fed it dog food (as suggested by an Audobon person), and watched him grow pin feathers after a short while.  Me and my sister cared for him.  We called him "Blue".  We gave Blue up to one of these people from the Audobon Society, who was going to rehabilitate him back into the wild. He was banded as ValiantiBlue.  I think it took about 6 weeks. Unfortunately me and my sister didn't get to see him set free -- into Central Park, near Belvedere Castle.  There were fierce thunderstorms for days after his release, and I worried so much for him.
I like birds of all sorts, but have a special place in my heart for the Blue Jays.
I'm quite fond of crows, and love how they're always talking about something or another.
And Hawks are a great totem for me.  When I see hawks I know I'm traveling in the right direction.

Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.