Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

blogs and a camera

I have about 35 blogs that I'm following at the moment. When I first started blogging, I'd never have thought it would be possible to follow so many, but it is. I am thankful to the people who don't blog every day... if there were that many updates in one day, I'd never get around to reading everything, and I do like to read each blog update. I am getting to know so many different people, and I see these familiar faces in my own comment section and in the sections of many other bloggers. There are groups of us who all follow each other, and it's very cool.

This seems to be the new way to meet people on the internet. I've had meetings in groups and forums over the years, but now I seem to meet most new people via this method. It's also been great to read the blogs of those people I've known for many more years, away from "bloglandia" (I'm not too fond of that title, but I know people use it). Its given me a chance to look more deeply into their lives, as well as their creative pursuits.



I miss reading people who have not updated in a while. I wonder where they are and what they are up to.... Update your blog, so I have something to read!

**********

Oh, my camera arrived. Yay! It comes with a 150 page user handbook, God help me. It will take some time before I learn how to use its many functions. I especially look forward to shooting in black and white. It's a bit overwhelming what these digital cameras can do. I am so old-school, versed in the simple functions of speed, f-stops and film. This is a whole nother smoke. You can bet I'll be keeping it on "auto" for a while.

I wanted to post a pic of the latest art doll I'm making, but I completely forgot that I'm making her for a challenge in one of my Yahoo groups, and we're not supposed to post any pics until after it's over. I don't even know if I'll have it done in time for that, or even if I'll be entering the challenge. But for now I won't post her, just in case.

3 comments:

  1. Barbara, thanks for the lovely comments. I completely agree with you about all of the wonderful new friends on the blogs. I know I am a chatty blogger - sorry about that! :)

    Can't wait to see your doll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are following more than 30 blogs.
    I really salute you Barbara.
    Hope to see some nice pictures of your doll!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.