Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

37 years of friendship

Today we have known each other for 37 years!  We met back in college when we were in our early 20's, in a class called something like "A workshop in the Creative Process", and were fast friends from the start.  Evie moved away to San Diego for 18 years, and we maintained our friendship through tomes of letter writing, and a visit back and forth over the years.  When Evie's mom was dying in 1996, she came back her to be with her, and has since stayed in New York.  She lives right across the hall from me now, and we see each other all the time.  I am blessed to have such a friendship all my life.  Please visit evie at her blog: http://www.evietirado.blogspot.com/.

Me and my friend, Evie..... back then....


(on the back of a truck, heading into Tiajuana, Mexico)

And today...


6 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have a friend that long and to be so close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That is amazing to be friends that long. And still be close. Congrats on the 37 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful to have this depth of friendship. I feel happy for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nostalgic memories of the pictures.
    Now, until you realize the importance of the picture - I too have more than 60-year-old pictures ...!
    Old film / prints have been preserved - is probably how the digital images ...?
    Frosty winter greetings from Eco
    Finland / Lapland / Kuusamo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to be nearby after all these years! My best buddy from childhood found me on facebook a few years ago and it is like we picked up from where we left off. She's in Arizona and I'm in Oregon, but I absolutely expect to see one another in the future.

    Your blog header is one of the most breathtaking ones I have seen in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweetness in a friendship like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.