Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

family friends and food

The weekend was spent getting together with some family members, and friends. On Saturday, I went to a birthday luncheon for Melissa, at Skinflints, the best burger joint ever. Actually, all their food is very good. We ate it too fast to get a picture of it. Fried Calamari, Chicken Wings, and Fried Shrimp for appetizers. There were varied orders of Fish & Chips, Burger & Fries, Saucy Chicken, and more Calimari for lunch. A couple of Black Russians for me and my sis. Melissa drank wine, JC (her boyfriend) and Kim (Mel's best friend) drank beers. His was dark, hers was light. My sister's ex-husband, Melissa's father, drank coffee; he is in town from New Mexico while Melissa is going through her surgeries and treatments for the breast cancer... And he bought us all the lunch, which was very nice. Good conversation at the table, quite a few laughs, and a good time was had by all. Logan wasn't around, he was with his dad, so on


Sunday, me and my sister had to get our Logan fix, and we visited at Melissa's. He is just such a joy to be around, repeating everything you say, and watching your every gesture. He is a very bright (in every way) little boy. When I go there, he says "Barba's here too!" and gives me a big hug and a kiss. I could just eat him up.

Some snaps from the luncheon, and pics of Logan.
 
Melissa's mom (my sis, Tree), Melissa, and me.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Melis with her mom and dad


Melissa & J.C.


Melissa and Kim


LOGAN


with grandma


loving his dinosaurs

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. Big Super Bowl party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Super Bowl party for me, Mr.C... didn't even watch it... But I'm guessing the Giants won because I hear fireworks and car horns going on outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good time was had by all of you. Nice looking family and thanks for the Logan fix. Our blog followers can always use a Logan fix too even through pictures. He is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that food made me hungry! Where were you? NYC or LI?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right here in Brooklyn, NY, Tery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the 3 F's....food, friends and family, mix with a little wine and black russians (havent had one of those in years, must be getting old :)....nothing better...enjoy ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look like you really have a great time spent with your family, friends!
    I miss lots of good food....It's great that you can enjoy yourself in such a daring fun way!
    Hope you have more fun outing like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babs
    I was very sorry to hear about Mellissa, but she looks great in the pictures so I sincerly hope all turns out ok. You all are never far from my thoughts, despite the years that have slipped by. Her little boy is so cute and I can see he's brought alot of joy to all your lives. Give my love to all.

    Love always cousin Ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Ed. I think of you often. I'll give Melissa your regards. She is beating this thing.

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.