Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

treatment update

Looks like I will be treated with oral meds (Letrozole and Ibrance), and radiation treatments.
The leg pain is indeed a result of the bone metastasis.
The cancer center is taking over my pain management, thank goodness, so I can take something every four hours instead of every eight.  The meds barely touch this bony pain, but at least it's a little something.  It's possible the radiation treatments will help some with the pain.
My oncologist says she is optimistic that I will do well with the treatments.
Getting an MRI soon to see if there is any nerve impingement.
It's hard to walk, and I'll probably get a walker to help with that.

That's about the size of it.  Just taking it a day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Babs,
    You are one amazing lady. Your mind and heart are so alive. Even when your body is full of pain and suffering, you always come from the heart. Love your color sense, almost as much as your photog eye. Your bird poem touched me. JIM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.