Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

friday morning

My cat, Little Guy, makes a whimpering cry, not satisfied with being on the table, when he could be in bed. His fault for following me wherever I go.
It's 5am, and crow is the first sound I hear outside. Good morning, Crow. Always good to see (or hear) you.

It's humid this morning, I have the fan on me. I'm drinking tea.

Sometimes I come to this page with little agenda in mind... just a ramble, as I would do in a journal. Makes for a post that can be often mundane, but that is as much a part of me as anything.

I like this quiet time before the outside world really awakens. Of course, I say that and a car goes whizzing by, just to keep me in check.

Having messed up with Burnie the troll, I think I will start a new one soon. A troll is nagging to be made.... Just like a character sometimes nags to be written. There is also an elfen-type creature that wants to be made. The imagination challenges; if only the hands could follow the way I see it. But I do it the way I can. Trolls manifest themselves a bit faster, by virtue of their, well, trolliness. I see them as having their own beauty, but one that is a lot easier to sculpt!
Now, elves, on the other hand, tend to be graceful, lithe, attractive beings.... That's a bit more foreign territory to me.

The sky is lightening. I think it's going to be another grey day with the chance of thunderstorms. That's good; I like a day like that.

*******
In Memoriam:
Oh, dear David Carradine, you will live in my heart forever. What a fine influence you had on me in my young years. You were a good teacher, Grasshopper.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I spent my formative years with "Grasshopper". I will miss him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing sounds happier today. I hope you are happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. barbara, there are two obvious things you and i have in common: oh those early morning hours, and how lovely a day of thunder and rain. i think best in both those circumstances, and i'll bet you do too.

    nice to get to know you...

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.