Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

change

Went to bed around 3:30 am, and woke at 5:30. Not exactly a good night's sleep. Aches and pains this morning, and I do believe it is colder in the apartment than it is outside. This doesn't help my often creaking limbs. That my knees can produce sounds similar to Rice Krispies in milk is not so unusual, really. They've crackled for many years.... now they complete the melody with an occassional snap! and pop! I've got rhythm.

It looks like another gray day today. Autumn is having a hard time presenting itself. A few crisp days would sure be nice. There are few trees that have changed color down this way. I wondered if being so close to saltwater had some impact on the lack of change... but that would discount all the years when there was brilliant color.

Maybe the sun will peek out today, but for now the view from my window is monochrome, in shades of gray.

Quite an eventful election day today.

To be continued.

1 comment:

  1. We've had a couple of those monochrome days here, too. It's got me singing little orphan annie tunes in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.