Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

NYC Marathon 2015

Hardly got a wink of sleep last night.  I often get my best energy in the wee hours of morning.  Ended up going to bed at 4:30 am (which was actually 5:30 am, the clocks having just been set back a few hours earlier).
Woke around 8:30, feeling quite bleary eyed.  I was an hour late for my pain medication, so I took that.  Was wishing for breakfast and a big cup of coffee, so I got myself together, strapped my camera on my arm, and headed out to McDonald's.  
Got a sausage and egg biscuit, and a large coffee to go.
Sat on some steps by my apartment building, and chowed down.
Missed getting a few shots of the wheelchair runners, but I was just taking my time, and felt ok about it.
I thought the first set of on-foot runners was going to be the women, but I ended up getting mostly shots of men.  Could be they diverted the runners to another avenue to accommodate the masses, I'm not sure.
(click on any picture to see larger images)












 

2 comments:

  1. Hello.
    Various uniforms looks like a lot of patchwork.
    It is the peaceful event.
    Greetings from Japan. ruma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get tired just watching it. When I was young I might have joined them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.