Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Book review: instant Happy journal



When I first saw this book, I was instantly attracted to its compact size, and cheerful design.  As I held it in my hands, I enjoyed the not quite hard-, yet not quite soft-cover.

At 365 pages, instant Happy journal (365 days of inspiration, gratitude, and joy, by Karen Salmansohn, has the potential to be a wonderful little book.

What will make it wonderful, you ask?  Well, the answer is:  You.

At the top of each page is a space for the date.  Beneath it is an inspirational quote, an affirmative suggestion, or a thought-provoking passage.  This is followed by about a dozen short, blank lines to be filled up by you.  It doesn't ask a tremendous amount from you, just a few lines to start the day (or maybe end the day) with a focus on joy and gratitude.

It is an easy book to carry around with you, if you want to wait for just the right moment to write your passage.  Take it to the park with you, or to your favorite little coffee shop.  Writing a new paragraph, or reading over previous ones, will surely bring a smile to your face.

At the end of a year (maybe more, maybe less.  How you utilize the book is up to you) you will have a little treasure of your own personal Happy.

I received this book from Blogging for Books , for this review.  For more information, see the following links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.