Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

just a ramble

January went by like a flash, and February is well upon us now.  I didn't feel well a good part of January.  Weak and out of sorts, and most of it was spent resting, and doing a lot of nothing.  February has found me coming alive a little.  Started out of necessity, with mom being in the hospial, I guess.  But other things came along after that, and slowly but surely my energy is coming back.  Also, I got all my medications which I've been without for the past month; this includes medical and psych meds.  All quite important to my well being.
We had a good snow storm overnight on friday.  Nemo was the name of the storm, I believe.  Dumped about 6 to 8 inches here, which wasn't nearly as bad as some of our northern neighbors getting socked with 2 to 3 feet.  I spent friday night at my mom's just in case the aide couldn't make it in in the morning (they had been predicting a possible foot of snow/blizzard conditions, which would've halted transit)... but she did make it, and I was able to go home again.
I haven't taken any photographs this month yet, save a few snapshots I took at the gathering for Melissa at the bar.  All pretty awful, 'cept for an okay one of her and JC.  Still, no getting out there to take pics.  Missing it big time.
I've been rolling my own cigarettes, and averaging a cost of $1.20 per pack.  Evie bought a cigarette rolling machine, and we buy pipe tobacco (only difference from cig tobacco is the cut... but cig tobacco has the big taxes), and cigarette filter tubes.  It's time consuming, but worth the savings.
The coffee house across the street is hiring, so I went in there one day when the owner was behind the counter, and said "I see you're hiring."  Right away, he said "Oh, no, not anymore."  I think he took one look at me and my age and decided against it.......only young people are the baristas, it seems.  Since then the sign has not been taken down, but placed more prominently against the counter.  Go figure.  I do believe I experienced ageism.
I got some nice surprises so far this year.  I won 2 giveaways online.  A beautiful strawflower wreath from Debra Anne  at Gypsy in the Parlour
And from Teresa Brouwer at Willow Creek Studios,
,   I received the lovliest dreamcatcher journal, and a lovely little book called "I wish you enough", and a handmade angel to write your wishes on.  I was really lucky!

The picture I like of Melissa and JC, even though it is using the dreaded on-camera flash, and lots of background distraction... can't win em all.


1 comment:

  1. I quit smoking decades ago, but I used to roll my own and if I went back to it, I would do the same. Sustainablity, baby.

    I thought January dragged on like that 10 pounds that won't come off, but Feb. is flying. It is odd how our sense of time makes time seem like something else.

    Nemo was rain here and some snow. My in laws are in Boston and they got hit very badly--18 inches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.