Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

heads are rollin'

I started a figurine recently... a little fantasy figure that belongs in an imaginary place, called the Riverstone Tree. These inhabitants live mostly in my imagination, but I figure they will all appear before me, sooner or later.
Well, this piece was a chubby (formed over a small gourd) meditating fellow with green semi-precious stones around his neck, and a small green stone in his 3rd eye. He held a herkimer diamond (the dreaming crystal) in each hand. He was very rough, but I liked him, and decided to start curing him. Just checked the oven temp, which was fine, but found he had lost his head, an entire arm, and the other hand! This is a lesson about armature... i.e. make sure you make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.