Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

the continuing saga

My world is mainly focused on breast cancer, and getting rid of it.  There is not much else on my mind.  But, my poor mother was admitted to the hospital again, with inflammation of the bone where her bed sore is.  It's a bad situation, and I feel so damn bad for her.  I have 3 doctors days next week, including one operation (to get the port) on wednesday, so I won't be visiting much.  The following week starts my chemotherapy (on the 18th) for the next 8 weeks.  After that, it's radiation for  6-7 weeks, the radiological oncologist said, 5 friggin days a week.  Learned all the many horrible side effects of radiation the other day.  The one that bothers me the most, besides the burning peeling skin, is that it could mess up the cosmetic results of the reconstruction.  Does it ever end?  Have an ENT appointment tuesday, because something was "spotted" on the PET (they didn't tell me this at first) in my throat.  I have had GERD for many many years, and I'm hoping it's just a nodule of some sort that's benign.  I certainly don't want to hear of more cancer, that will flip me out.

3 comments:

  1. How are you Barbara???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling the effects of chemotherapy, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this news, Barb. :(
    I will pray for you, and pray you come through this.

    Take care, good lady! Peace, luvz, and hugz, Keith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.