Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

melting in the city

It was blazing hot and humid yesterday, reaching about 95F, with a heat index of 102. The air quality was poor, and I could feel that in my lungs, making it harder to breath. The ac was working all day in the bedroom, so I holed myself up in there. Come evening the compressor wouldn't kick in again, so I was without air. Came into the living room here at about 4:30 am when I couldn't take the heat in the bedroom any longer. It was a little fresher in here, the morning air at about 72, and there was a coolness to it.


I only like hot weather when I am up in the country, surrounded by trees, and preferably by a wide running stream. But in the city, as you know, I can't stand it.

I am having a lot of trouble leaving comments for certain bloggers. I know Blogger is to blame, but it is making me very annoyed now. There have been quite a few of you who I've wanted to leave comments for, but it was impossible.

5pm now, and 85 degrees with high humidity. Would be nice if a thunderstorm passed through, but there's only a slight chance of that. Perhaps I should bang my drum to beckon the Thunderbeings.

6 comments:

  1. I have the same problem commenting. And sometimes the letters comes black on black and I can´t see what I write. :( Maybe Blogger has overworkt it all.

    I had a little drum like that before, but now I don´t know where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heat was awful in MA also ~ Now today it is rainy and 55 ~ Crazy ~ Tell where did you get your drum? ~ A few of us would like to start a drumming and circle and would like to buy some Native American drums?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you got your wish....we had those thunderstorms and boy did the temp drop...I had a jacket on this morning...but it is breathing weather....just dont get used to it...think the heat will be back....maybe we should head down to the beach....Sheepshead Bay is looking good....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOof, I feel your pain. It's been ungodly hot and sticky here too--and as an apartment dweller, that means a lot of drinking in the day time. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a Blog Award waiting for you to pick up and pass on if you want to accept it ~ Hope So. It is on my blog ~ just copy and paste the award on your blog and follow the directions ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Barbara

    Your heartwarming poetry and works fascinates everyone feeling.

     Thank you for your kindness.
     Have a good weekend.

    Greetings.
    ruma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.