Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bear Mountain






I left the city today, and went up to Bear Mountain State Park, which is situated in the mountains rising from the west bank of the Hudson River.
The first thing I did when I got there was hug a tree. It seemed the natural thing to do, and I could feel the energy of the earth again; always there, sustaining us. It was good to watch the gentle waters of the lake. Me and my friend, evie, took a long walk around the entire lake. Hawks (one of my favorite good omens) greeted us in large numbers, swirling overhead for a good long time. It was a good day.



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pictures. You have an award, stop by my blog and grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, Barbara! I am so glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello barbara, it's great to hear you and your friend evie are having a great time at Bear Mountain.
    I love the 1st, 3rd and the last photos.
    Mission accomplished, a great tripped!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures...thank you for sharing this little bit of heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy for you that the tree hugged back Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm with you, nothing rejuvenates like nature :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! THose photos set the tone for my weekend...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics, Barbara. Really!
    And thanks for thinking about me
    while you were there. Cheerz! Tree Quack

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Barbara, this took me back. I used to live not far from Bear Mountain and would look over the Hudson River every day. Your photographs, all of them, are breathtaking.

    Thank you for the heartfelt and thoughtful message you left on my blog. Your words brought comfort. Thank you for your friendship.

    xoxo
    bella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.