Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

photographs and memories


Getting film is the only thing to do, and maybe why things happen the way they do.  My best camera is a film camera, a Nikon FM2... fully manual, which is the beauty of it.  It takes what I like to call "real" pictures.  I haven't had the pleasure of knowing what a digital SLR is like, and frankly, I'd be thrilled to own a Nikon DSLR.  

Anyway, the point is photographs.... and the little point & shoot can only show so much.  It's not bad for taking random shots of stuff I've making, but if I'm out and shooting, I want to make more than snapshots.  

Its been a long long time since I've lived with a camera slung over my shoulder.  It was a way of life up until maybe 15 years ago.  Not long after my father died, I started letting go of a lot things that were really important to me.  December will be 17 years.  He got to see photographs I developed and printed myself... that was cool.

But I digress...

Film... yes, gotta get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.