Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

the dog days

It's August at last, and the last real month of summer. I can't wait until it's over. I've had enough of the heat, and this month will probably be the worst of it.

I haven't been up for doing much of anything in this weather. Right now all my energy is going to caring for Little Guy, who is being so good that I've been able to take the cone
off his head, since he's not messing with the stitches. I keep a close eye on him, though. He has been tolerating the pills he needs to take (pain killers and antibiotics), and also the flushing of the drain. Such a good cat. Tomorrow we go to get the drain removed; I hope that doesn't hurt him too bad.

I am at odds with what to do with Morrison. He has never been fixed, and I'm wondering if it's the testosterone that makes him act the way he does. I may just try to get him fixed to see if he calms down, but I am so worried that he will attack Little Guy again. My other alternative would be to bring him to the ASPCA and get him put down. I'd feel really bad about that, though. I've had him for two years now. I don't know what to do. I can't risk them being in the same room. It's hard to even catch Morrison, because he is still part feral.

I have the ac on in the bedroom for Little Guy, so it's very hot here in the living room, because I can't use both ac's at the same time, or the electricity will blow. The humidity is soaring, so it's not much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Poor puddy tat. Those abscesses are really nasty. Once they get them they will get more, from fighting. One of my old cats was a real fighter and got quite a few of them. Two cats in the one abode isn't fun when they don't get along eh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.