Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

my poor Little Guy

If you can't stomach pictures of open wounds and such, I suggest you don't read this post.

My Little Guy got into a brawl with Morrison the other day. It got pretty bad before I had a chance to stop it. Morrison got the better of Little Guy.

A couple of days had passed before Little Guy licked fur from his side, and revealed a bite mark. He seemed to be doing okay with it, though, and I wasn't that worried. Then, overnight, he licked off even more fur, and revealed the worst of it, as seen in the second picture.

He went for surgery yesterday, and had to have a drain sutured in. The third picture shows him as he is now, with the drain in place (for 4 days); I need to flush the drain, top and bottom, a few times a day. I hope he stands for it. He is hating the cone on his head most of all.



The first wound:





the second reveal



post-op

5 comments:

  1. Poor little guy... that second wound looks just awful. I hope he heals very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Smokes! Poor Little Guy. :( My kitties fight and I'm always nervous something like that could happen. Here's hoping he heals well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor Little Guy! I had a kitty who suffered a nasty bite wound on his foot once. Actually their teeth and claws are so sharp that I guess it is a wonder it doesn't happen more often. Give him big loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kisses to Little Guy! And you for having to drain it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a shame Mother Nature's creatures have to fight. And especially the little ones. They can't tell you when they hurt and where. Lets just hope there are no complications and the Little Guy heals properly and quickly. Sorry to hear of this.

    Please keep us up to date on the healing process. And come see us when you can. We WILL be back .....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.