Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

just another day

Time to check in, I guess.
It hasn't been the best of times over the past month.  No great changes, really, but bad bouts of shortness of breath/rapid breathing, etc., which just does me in, and is so scary.
Haven't seen my doctor in a while, and am overdue for my injections.   I have an appointment this coming monday, and I just hope I can make it.  I think Evie might go with me, and that would help.
Ran out of my pain meds a few days ago, and it took three days to reach someone to finally get a script called into the pharmacy.  Then the pharmacy calls me saying it's five days too early for this prescription to be filled, and they want to know why.  Duh, why do you think?  I don't know how it worked out, but I did end up getting the meds today.  Thank goodness, because the level of pain was really affecting my breathing.  I didn't realize the correlation between the pain and the breathing until now really.  When the meds started kicking in, my breathing improved considerably.  It is no doubt that crushing feeling I get in my chest area that affects it the most. 
Hard to believe it is mid-October already.  Great to be past the summer.  Its been kind of chilly in the low 50's, and even in the 40's during the night.  I love it.  Nothing better than being cozy under the blankets.
I miss taking pictures.    I've hardly taken any this year.  I pray I can make it up the stairs to Melissa's on Thanksgiving.  At least I will get some family and food pics.  Same goes for Christmas.  These holidays will be upon us before you know it.

1 comment:

  1. I despise what the government has done to us who live with chronic pain. My VA doctor wanted to ween me away from my pain meds. I took them all back to her and told her I ain't no junkie. So now I mostly do without any relief--every veteran I know has been treated this way. I live in heroin heaven, with a medical weed dispensary every 500 feet--how easy it would be...

    Bah!

    I am glad they gave you yours Barb and I have no doubt you will make it up the stairs and have a wonderful holiday season, just let yourself be fussed over and helped as you need to be. That is true strength, allowing others to be there for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.