Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

110/365 sculpture


Young Bird, by Brancusi
 Here is Brancusi's Young Bird, so stout with a hint of a beak, sculpted so beautifully.  I enjoy sculpture.  Things that can be made out of almost any material.
I cannot recall the names of the sculptors, unfortunately, except for Rodin, maybe.
When I was in collge I took a couple of sculpture classes.  My professor's name was Schlemowitz.  A good teacher, I remember.  I scupted with plaster of pais.  Made a sculpture I wish I had a picture of today.  It had a hole going through it, and was sort of caverness.
I loved taking the mallet and the chisel and finding shapes inside the plaster.  I still have my mallet and chisel, though its been some thirty years or more since using them.








more Brancusi
*A free-write is a type of automatic writing, where you just go with your stream of consciousness non-stop. There's no thought to spelling or grammar, and no editing of words. Supposedly this opens the mind up to greater creativity. They can be 5, 10 or 20 minutes long. Suggestions for freewrites are always welcome. Visit Evie, with whom I freewrite, at the space between colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and spending some time with me... I am truly honored.